Thanks to the teachers who attended our six free online moderation sessions in Semester 1 this year.
These professional learning opportunities provided teachers of English as an Additional Language (EAL) students in Victorian primary and secondary schools with an opportunity to:
- analyse samples of student work
- discuss attributes of the writing/speaking and their correlation to the indicators of progress outlined in the EAL Developmental Continuum P – 10
- reach a consensus on the proficiency level of each writing/speech sample
- discuss next steps in developing students’ writing/speaking skills
- develop confidence in making assessment decisions.
Recordings of sessions have been added to the Benchmarking Forum.