We’re pleased to announce our online EAL moderation sessions for Term 4, 2018.
These professional learning opportunities are for teachers of English as an Additional Language (EAL) students in Victorian primary and secondary schools.
These sessions will provide teachers with an opportunity to:
- analyse samples of student work
- discuss attributes of the writing and their correlation to the indicators of progress outlined in the EAL Developmental Continuum P – 10
- reach a consensus on the proficiency level of each writing sample
- discuss next steps in developing students’ writing skills
- develop confidence in making assessment decisions.
They will take place online, in the EAL Unit Adobe Connect meeting room, on the following dates:
|Term 4||Date and time||Stage||Submit writing samples before|
Thursday 18 October
|A Lower primary||Monday 15 October 9am (Now closed)|
Wednesday 31 October
|B Middle to Upper primary||Friday 26 October 11.59 pm|
Tuesday 20 November
|S Secondary||Thursday 15 November 11.59 pm|
Registration details and processes
- Register using the form(s) below. Please complete a separate registration form for each session that you wish to attend.
- You will receive an automated email containing the link to our Adobe Connect meeting room and details of the moderation session. Please check your junk mail folder if this email doesn’t arrive in a minute or so.
- Would you like us to assess some of your students’ writing in one or more of these sessions? We’d really appreciate any samples you have to share. Thank you!
- Writing samples don’t need to be based on a TEAL task, but TEAL topics are also more than welcome!
- Please send a sample (or more if you wish) to Susanne before the dates listed in the table above, if you would like other teachers’ opinions on a particular piece of work.
- Alternatively, you can upload a file using the form below.
- Please ensure that your work sample has been deidentified (i.e. contains no names or school names).
We look forward to seeing you there!
Thank you for your interest in attending our online EAL moderation sessions. We had an overwhelming response in a very short time period.
All sessions are now booked out.
For those of you who missed out: Our apologies. However, recordings of each moderation session will uploaded to the TEAL Benchmarking forum within a few days of each session. You will be able to access them there.
If you would like to be notified if a place becomes available (e.g. if another teacher cancels), please complete the following form. Thank you.