Thank you for your support of our online EAL moderation sessions in 2018.
These professional learning opportunities provided teachers of English as an Additional Language (EAL) students in Victorian primary and secondary schools with an opportunity to:
- analyse samples of student work
- discuss attributes of the writing and their correlation to the indicators of progress outlined in the EAL Developmental Continuum P – 10
- reach a consensus on the proficiency level of each writing sample
- discuss next steps in developing students’ writing skills
- develop confidence in making assessment decisions.
Recordings of the moderation sessions we held are now available in the TEAL Benchmarking forum.
We look forward to bringing you more online moderation in 2019.
You can sign up to hear about dates of these sessions by completing the following form: